About the Role
Love innovation and solving epic problems using the design thinking toolkit? Do you have DT research, Service Design, UX, and Product Design chops? If so then we have the job for you in assisting one of the region’s leading banks in their digital transformation program.
What you do
Designing user experiences with data
- Working with data and qualitative insight, through collaboration with frontline staff, internal client stakeholder, managers and customers, to design solutions and strategic propositions.
- Understanding and articulating clearly how services need to change from a user centered system, and business perspective.
- Be able to balance user needs with those of the business.
- Mapping the service experiences of users and defining how organisations need to change what and how they deliver to make the experience more streamlined, effective and efficient.
- Working closely with user researchers to define and communicate people’s needs (both internal and those of the customer).
- Identifying how organisations can reduce cost of delivery and improve outcomes through re-design of user experience, business processes, and better collaboration across systems.
- Setting future visions for products and services that inspire people and meet needs.
- Designing, building, and setting usability tests for service and product prototypes, working from sketches into quick prototypes that can be iterated with feedback.
- Being critical during the design process of the balance of power in service structures and challenging how people can be empowered and supported to thrive.
- Designing with technologists and developers to take a service live.
- Defining key metrics and measurements for organisations to evaluate their impact, supporting them to use this data to iterate what they deliver.
- Evaluating the cost of a service delivery.
- Be able to put together current state and future state service blueprints from scratch.
- Be able tp put together prototypes using sketch and/or Figma.
Designing organisations and propositions
- Co-designing with our clients and communities to design new service models and value propositions, defining how organisations can re0organise themselves to deliver.
- Taking research into actionable insights and communicating this in a succinct and human-centered way to stakeholders.
- Working with researchers and analysts to define unmet needs of people who may not use services, and defining how organisations can independently or collaboratively meet these needs.
- Analysing and directing on how organisations need to change to deliver more effective services.
- Supporting teams and organisations to develop the cultural conditions, practices, and rituals to design user-centered services.
- Teaching organisations how to design better services, and providing coaching to develop these capabilities, outlining where this is best placed in an organisation.
Who you are
- You are passionate about building experiences that matter.
- You are up to date on industry best practices and competition news.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are self-motivated, independent, and proactive.
- You are curious.
- You are truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on with solving any problems.
- You have extensive experience working in a cross-functional environment with design, development, research and analytics.
- You have a flexible mindset and willing to find new ways to deliver on your goals in case you get stuck.
- You have a proven track record of influencing and delivering without formal authority.
- You are comfortable liaising with individual contributors, members of c suite and vendors.
- You are extremely skilled at communication in English, both oral and written.
- 5+ years product management and/or product design experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Services, both corporate and retail.
- 5+ years experience creating examples through wireframes and mockups.
- Design thing thinking studies or equivalent work experience related.
- Willing to travel potentially up to 50% of the time.
- Occasional to regular travel across UAE and other GCC and Middle East Countries may be required.
- Communication skills
- Sketch and Figma
We seek people with curiosity and ambition, no matter what your music taste is, who inspires you or how you drink your coffee.
We care about your passion, creativity, ethics and drive, we want to work with you to unlock your full potential and create amazing.