About the Role
We’re looking for a variety of UX Researchers to join the Gravitas team in Dubai. You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with some of the regions leading banks. Be ready to shine, learn and put your years of experience to practice. Have what it takes? Apply below.
What you do
Insights gathering and validation testing.
- Working with lead user researchers and Service Designers to develop and advocate appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for a service, and to continually test and improve the service.
- Fostering a culture of team involvement in user research, team analysis, design rationale and decision making based on user needs.
- Managing and mentoring user researchers and junior user researchers to ensure quality of research, and drive improvements in practice.
- Planning, designing, preparing and running user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of client services (including contextual discovery,
experience mapping, diary studies, early stage concept and prototype testing, lab based and contextual usability and accessibility testing).
- Designing and running contextual and discovery research to develop a deep understanding of the needs of all users of a service.
- Managing the usability and accessibility testing process from recruiting participants, designing test tasks, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting
- Have a comprehensive understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and tools.
- Be able to put together a research plan, execute and synthesise into clear to understand, actionable insights and recommendations.
- Effectively communicating user research findings to the team and the clients, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of their users (including presentations at show
and tells, designing and maintaining research outputs on the team wall, formal reports).
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features.
- Working closely with analytics colleagues to define user centred KPIs, to create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services.
- Contributing to the user research community, presenting at meetups and writing for the user research blog.
- Put together user personas and apply these to the way research is carried out.
Who you are
- Deep knowledge, experience in and passion for user centered design practices for web, service or software development.
- Extremely skilled at communication in English, both oral and written.
- Be able to craft a story, tell it, engage with and present it to a wide audience including C-level stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and planning skills.
- Logical thinking with a curiosity to understand the “why”.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trendsux research
- You are self-motivated, independent, and proactive with a professional approach to management.
- You are truly a “do-er”, willing to get hands-on with problem solving.
- You have deep experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- You have a flexible mindset and willing to find new ways to deliver on your goals in case you get stuck
- You are comfortable liaising with individual contributors, senior management and partners.
- 3- 5 years UX research experience
- Ideally experience in Financial Services
- Design thinking studies or equivalent work experience related.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Arabic language is a plus, but not essential.
- Occasional to regular travel across UAE and other GCC and Middle East Countries may be required.
- Communication skills
- GSuite and Microsoft Office
- Prototyping tools including Marvel InVision.
- Research tools.
We seek people with curiosity and ambition, no matter what your music taste is, who inspires you or how you drink your coffee.
We care about your passion, creativity, ethics and drive, we want to work with you to unlock your full potential and create amazing.